(Apache/1.3.34 Server)

hi there.... For some reason when I specify a .htaccess file to restrict directory access, it will not accept my password...

I have a fairly basic setup with the following:

------------
VHOST
------------

<Directory "/path/to/web">
        AllowOverride All
        Options None
</Directory>
<VirtualHost 192.168.2.22:80>
        ServerName www.doml.com
        ServerAlias doml.com
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        DocumentRoot /path/to/web
        ErrorLog /path/to/logs/error.log
        CustomLog /path/to/log/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

------------
CREATE USER
------------

# htpasswd -c /path/to/.pwFile username

CREATE .HTACCESS

AuthName "Stats"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /path/to/.pwFile
require valid-user

Now the .htaccess is restricting the directory, but no matter what it just keeps prompting me for the login info...

am i missing something really simple?