I've commented on each one with what I have deduced so far, any insight into if I am correct or not or are missing something would be awesome :)

JupiterHost.Net wrote:

In porting a module from apache 1.3 to 2.0/2.2

I'm seeing these apache specific elements:

request_rec * r:
static int foo (request_rec * r)
r->uri
r->server->server_hostname
r->pool

Those 4 are the same in 2.0/2.2 and 1.3

ap_getword:
w = ap_getword(r->pool, &dnam, '/'); /* previosuly: char *name = r->uri; ... dname = name + 2; */

??? Can't seem to find documentation

ap_pstrcat:
filename = ap_pstrcat (r->pool, XYZROOT, "/", w, NULL); /* previously: #define XYZROOT "/var/cpanel/bwlimited" */

??? Can't seem to find documentation

ap_basic_http_header(r)

Need to:
   #include <apr_buckets.h>
and call with BB:
   ap_basic_http_header(r, apr_bucket_brigade * bb)

ap_rvputs(r, "text", NULL);
ap_rputs("text", r);

Those two are the same in 2.0/2.2 and 1.3

ap_kill_timeout (r);

This one appears to not be in apache 2.X or have an equivelent. Do we just remove it and hope it all works out?

ap_finalize_request_protocol (r);
ap_rflush(r)

Those two are the same in 2.0/2.2 and 1.3

I can't seem to find the Apache 2.X equivalents for them so my questions would be for each one:

a) What are apache 2.0 and 2.2's equivalent name?

b) Does it take the same arguments as the examples above?

c) Does it return the same things when called with equivalent arguments??

d) Is it still part of one of the following includes or do I need to include a new .h?

#include "httpd.h"
#include "http_core.h"
#include "http_config.h"
#include "http_log.h"
#include "http_request.h"

Any input is greatly appreciated 'cause I am stuck :) !!

TIA