>>> -----

>>> -----
>>>
>>> The $1 seems to be picking up the "/m/nate" part of the URL correctly.
>
> OK, the thing that strikes me about your RewriteRule is that you have
> 'www.urlBB:8080'.  It may be the way you've munged it but is this really
> the FQDN or should it really be 'www.ulrBB.net:8080' or such like?

Hello,

Good eye.  Unfortunately, you are correct; I made the typo when I munged
the URL for the post.

> Some browser will automatically try appending '.com' to the host name if
> the lookup for the host name fails.  Your phone may not be this clever.

Today, I had a friend try with his Motorola phone and he also had the same
404 error issue.  Is it possible there is some security on the phones
blocking the redirect because I'm redirecting to a completly different
URL?

Thanks for the help,
-Nate