From http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/examples.html:

    Listen 80
    Listen 8080

    NameVirtualHost 172.20.30.40:80
    NameVirtualHost 172.20.30.40:8080

    <VirtualHost 172.20.30.40:80>
             ServerName www.example1.com
        DocumentRoot /www/domain-80
         </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 172.20.30.40:8080>
             ServerName www.example1.com
        DocumentRoot /www/domain-8080
         </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 172.20.30.40:80>
             ServerName www.example2.org
        DocumentRoot /www/otherdomain-80
         </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 172.20.30.40:8080>
             ServerName www.example2.org
        DocumentRoot /www/otherdomain-8080
         </VirtualHost>

Modify your httpd.conf and restart apache.

-Victor

On 5/18/06, Ana Lucía Zapata Barros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's possible for apache have 2 different ports, 80 and 8080, for the same
service??

I modify the httpd.conf file, and add Listen 80 and start apache at port 80
with the sudo command.

And when I start the apache at 8080 port, appear a message that say it's
running but when I access by web I can't find the service and the command
netstat –an doesn't show me the 8080 port only the 80 port.

So, I was thinking that maybe it's because the port 80 it's already in use for
the same service, but I'm not sure, it's possible??

Thank you

ana

--
http://www.victortrac.com