Ladies and Gents,

Thank you so much for your patience, I will describe my problem in as much detail as I can...

        Diagram:

                    Internet
                        XXXXX mysql server
                LVS Load Balancer
                    x      x
                   X        X
                  X          X
                 OH1        OH2

        Problem:
Apache 2.2 on Server OH2, just stopped connecting to the mysql5 databases on mysql server. Pages just time out.

For now, things are OK, since I disabled web requests going to OH2 in the load balancer, however, this problem needs to be addressed quickly :)

        Things I have tried:

        1.)     I am able to connect to mysql server via command line... such as
                mysql -H mysqlserver -u username -p databasename -P 3307

2.) I did tcpdumps from both ends, and packets are arriving at both destinations. I am able to verify that packet streams look alike. I turned on the bad server for a second in LVS, tcpdumped a sample stream, saved it, reloaded LVS, and captured a good connection attempt.

3.) I am able to ping the mysql server from OH2, i am able to telnet to port 3307, so I have pretty much established that the problem is not network connectivity. I have also looked over iptables just for grins.

        Nothing useful is being logged to the apache logs :(

PLEASE HELP!

THANKS!

--
Vasiliy Boulytchev