> Ok, how about
>
> cd $source_dir/modules/proxy
> $apache-home/bin/apxs -i -a -c *proxy*.c

That compiles, but produces the symbol resolution error at runtime.   I was
wondering if I am missing something obvious.  The docs say to use apxs to
compile modules outside of the source tree, so I was wondering if one is
only supposed to use configure to compile modules that are delivered (inside
the source tree).  Or, maybe there's an issue with apxs.  I was thinking on
filing a bug report, but wanted to ask some more experienced users about
this before doing that.

Thanks for your help,
JP