Have you enabled some exception handling that would bypass exceptions
on cin?  cin should be closed on the write end of the pipe, before or
as the parent process exits.  The only way this would fail is if somehow
the write end of the pipe is inhereted by the child process.

Launching your program 5x isn't a bug, depending on your config.  Both
the parent process and child process will launch during startup.  That
behavior is unique to windows because child isn't forked.

Bill

DEBIN GAO wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the piped log on Windows 2003 (apache httpd 2.2), but it doesn't work. I tried it out on linux and it works great. My log.exe program is called 5 times when server starts, and were not killed after server stops. And my log.exe program doesn't seem to capture the logs. My log.exe is as simple as this:

while (cin) {
        cin.getline(buf, MAX_BUF_SIZE);
        if (!cin) {
            break;