Ok, guys, I've found out the problem and solved it. I was really calling twice the ssl.conf from inside the httpd.conf (how couldn't I notice that?), so I'm imposing myself a severe punishment for that (I'm gonna eat liver for a whole week, eeewwww). Sorry about this unnecessary brainburning.

But a new problem has come out: I can establish a secure https connection from inside the LAN to the Web Server, but the same can't be done outside (the very Internet). You can check it trying to access the url https://www.bc.furb.br and you also may notice that the ordinary http://www.bc.furb.br works well.

What may I be missing in the conf file?

Here goes the basic configuration in the SSL part:
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin

Listen 443

AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl

SSLPassPhraseDialog builtin

SSLSessionCache         dbm:logs/ssl_scache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300

SSLMutex  default

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName www.bc.furb.br
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ErrorLog logs/error_ssl.log
TransferLog logs/access_ssl.log

SSLEngine on

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

SSLCertificateFile conf/www.bc.furb.br.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/www.bc.furb.br.key

<FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
   SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</FilesMatch>
<Directory "c:/apache/cgi">
   SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
        nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
        downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

CustomLog logs/ssl_request.log \
         "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

</VirtualHost>

--
Marcos R. Cardoso
Seção de Processamento Técnico e Automação