Thanks for the tip, but I don't think that's my problem.  I just noticed
that Tomcat is getting the request and generating the html from the jsp.
However, by the time it gets back to my browser the content type is
text/plain not text/html like it should be.  I'm not sure where the
problem is.  My config?  Mod_proxy(_ajp)?  Mod_ssl?  Any thoughts or
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.

  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /jsp-examples/(.*).jsp(.*)
  RewriteRule ^/(.*) ajp://localhost:8010/$1 [P]

  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /jsp-examples/servlet/