Unfortunately I cannot find config.nice anywhere for the old apache.  httpd -h
also
does not give many clues.  The compile settings option listed there: httpd -V,
does
not give the ./configure paramaters...

I have tried to recompile using JP's configure line, but I get the same
two-line
error:

Syntax error on line 233 of /usr/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/apache2/modules/mod_access.so into server:

I hope there is some AIX guru who knows the answer to this, because I am really
stumped :(

Phil

On Fri Jun  9 14:45 , 'David Salisbury' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent: