On 6/18/06, Tom Ray [Lists] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've got a small question about .htaccess. I would like to have an
actual username/password page and when the user submits it I want it to
bypass the typical .htaccess pop up box. What are the values that are
being passed? I used to know this and I can't seem to pry it out of my
thick skull. I know if those values are passed that pop up box will not
appear. I would also like to have it redirect to failure page if the
user/pass combo is bad.

This is not possible.  HTTP Basic/Digest auth require the popup,
because this is the only way to get the browser to send the proper
auth headers.  If you don't want the popup, that means you probably
want to use cookies.  There is a module called mod_auth_cookie which
lets you use cookies to replace Basic/Digest auth headers.  See
http://modules.apache.org.

Joshua.