On 7/5/06, Qingshan Xie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Joshua.

  We are using SiteMinder for
Authentication/Authorization, and Single-Sign-On.  The
missing part of the headers is SiteMinder SessionID
and Cookies, which causes the Single-Sign-On failed.
Is there any way to append those headers back when
Apache throws 304?  Can we use mod_header or
mod_setenvif to do it?

No, I don't believe so.  The 304 processing happens at the protocol
stage, after all the content stuff has already been done.  You may be
able to turn off 304 responses entirely with something like
RequestHeader unset If-Modified-Since
RequestHeader unset If-None-Match
But this will obviously have some nasty effects on resource usage.

It seems like SiteMinder is broken if it requires the server to
violate the HTTP/1.1 protocol, so you should probably take this up
with CA.

Joshua.