FYI to everyone - I found the solution, which was a missing directive in the httpd.conf file Directory section - "Group_Attr", which (in my case at least) needs to be set to "member".

Dan

Dan Buettner wrote:
I'd posted previously about some problems getting LDAP / AD authentication working from Win 2K3 and Apache 2.0.55; using the module from muquit.com solved the problem for individual users.

However, I'm unable to get protected directories working by group - that is, I can either allow any user to access a directory, or none; I cannot seem to get AD group membership recognized. The page on muquit.com is unclear whether this should work, or exactly what the syntax should be.

Lisa Gallardo had replied previously that she also has this setup working - Lisa, do you also have groups working? If so, would you mind posting or sending me a sample of a protected dir from your httpd.conf file?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Buettner