Hello,

I have been trying for days to figure out how to get my web site redirected
(301) to a different domain by using RedirectMatch (mod_alias) but all I get on
EVERY attempt is an extra slash "/" added to the end of the address in the
browser. Of course the server then performs recursive redirects until it
reaches the max recursive redirect count.

I have set up this address as an example of my problem:
http://www.visi.com/~dlspaude/test/index.html

It should redirect to http://www.spaudemedia.com but it won't. Instead it
redirects to
http://www.visi.com/~dlspaude/test/index.html/
then
http://www.visi.com/~dlspaude/test/index.html//
then
http://www.visi.com/~dlspaude/test/index.html///
and so on.

The .htaccess file in the "test" directory contains one line:
RedirectMatch permanent .* http://www.spaudemedia.com

There are no other .htaccess files in the parent directories for my site.

For the other directories on my site I had more complex matching, but when they
failed on this ISP's servers I resorted to what should be the most basic
redirect. The ISP is not responding to my requests, so I searched the web and
found nothing regarding this specific issue. I could try mod_rewrite, but I
don't believe this ISP has FollowSymLinks enabled for user accounts.

By the way, I have this working on my Mac OS X Apache installation (mod_alias
version using RedirectMatch), so I figured it should have worked at my ISP
which also uses Apache (not sure which version, though).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Darrik