It might be simple  problem but you presented it as a very complicated
one - a mix of apache and tomcat with all real addresses obfuscated to
make them harder to read and then they whole thing in HTML mail so that
it gets screwed up in a plain-text reader like mine...

A few tips for your next post:

- post in plain text
- use real domain-names/URLs/filenames etc.
- keep the question clear and precise (eg, How do I...)
- Don't overload with a lot of detail

Getting to your question, which I believe is, "How do I make the
homepage of a virtual host lead to the homepage of a back-end
application?"

I would use ProxyPass (see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass) eg:

ProxyPass / http://xyz.domain.edu:8080/neuroMor/
ProxyPassReverse / http://xyz.domain.edu:8080/neuroMor/

This assumes that the backend can handle
http://xyz.domain.edu:8080/neuroMor/ and redirect to
http://xyz.domain.edu:8080/neuroMor/index.jsp (ie, that it can handle a
request for "/").

If http://xyz.domain.edu:8080/neuroMor/ is available on the public
internet, LDB's suggestion to use Redirect will also work, although the
browser location bar will change and they will need access to port 8080.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> [...]
>
> <VirtualHost xxx.xx.xx.xx:8080>
> ServerName xyz.domain.edu <http://xyz.domain.edu/>
> ServerAlias xyz.domain.edu* www.domain.org
> <http://www.domain.org/>  domain.org <http://domain.org/>
> DocumentRoot /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/webapps
> ServerPath /neuroMor
> ErrorLog logs/xyz.domain.edu-error_log
> CustomLog logs/xyz.domain.edu-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost xxx.xx.xx.xx:8080>
> ServerName www.domain.org <http://www.domain.org/>
> ServerPath /neuroMor
> DocumentRoot /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/webapps
> ErrorLog logs/www.domain.org-error_log
> CustomLog logs/www.domain.org-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
> #To be added at the end of your httpd.conf tomcat auto-configure
> Include /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
> # Load mod_jk module
> LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
> # Where to find workers.properties
> JkWorkersFile /usr/local/apache/workers.properties
> # Where to put jk logs
> JkLogFile /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
> # Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]
> JkLogLevel info
> # Select the log format
> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
> # JkOptions indicate to send SSL KEY SIZE,
> JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat ForwardDirectories
> # JkRequestLogFormat set the request format
> JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
> # Static files in the neuroMor webapp are served by apache
> Alias /neuroMor /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/webapps/neuroMor
> # The following line prohibits users from directly access WEB-INF
> <Location "/neuroMor/WEB-INF/">
> AllowOverride None
> deny from all
> </Location>
> #JkAutoAlias /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/webapps
> # Send servlet for context /examples to worker named worker1
> JkMount /index.jsp ajp13
> # Send JSPs for conext /examples to worker named worker1
> JkMount /* ajp13
>

> My workers.properties file is as follows:
>
> workers.tomcat_home=$CATALINA_HOME
> workers.java_home=$JAVA_HOME
> ps=/
> worker.list=ajp13
> worker.ajp13.port=8009
> worker.ajp13.host=localhost
> worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
> worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1
> worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
> worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp13
> worker.inprocess.type=jni
> worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)server$(ps)lib
> worker.inprocess.cmd_line=start
> worker.inprocess.jvm_lib=$ (workers.java_home)$(ps)jre$(ps)lib$(ps)
> i386$(ps)server$(ps)libjvm.so
> worker.inprocess.stdout=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)in
process.stdout
> worker.inprocess.stderr=$(workers.tomcat_home
> )$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.stderr
>

> I will be awaiting for your help!! as i am going though a time crunch.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and
any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any
hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and
the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.