This was on a different server.  I tried those instructions and they
didnt work.  I did figure it out though.
It appeard as though a new environment is being created for rotatelogs.
 I had to do the crle command like this:

crle -l /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

Which will alter the dynamic linker path for the system as a whole
(similar to editing ld.so.conf on Linux based systems if you're familiar
with that).

Shawn Beard
Web Administrator, MCSE, MCSA, MCP
Iowa Foundation for Medical Care
Information Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 515-440-8581

On 8/15/06, Shawn Beard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We upgraded a server from 2.0.49 to 2.0.58.  It seemed to go fine.
> However after a short while it locks up.  In the error log I get
this:

> piped log program '/usr/local/apache2/bin/rotatelogs
> /usr/local/apache2/logs/qnettech-test-access.log 86400' failed
> unexpectedly
> ld.so.1: rotatelogs: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file
or
> directory
>
> I checked the envars file which looks like this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/apache2/lib:/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> Any Ideas?  Thank you.

You asked the same question a couple days ago and got detailed
instruction on how to find the correct path to add to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
 Did you have a problem with those instructions?

Your base problem is that gcc is not installed correctly on your
system.  Its libraries should be in the system-wide LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Joshua.

Email messages cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
transmitted information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services therefore does not accept
liability for any error or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of email transmission.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including any
attachments, may contain confidential information and is intended
only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any
review, dissemination, or copying of this communication by anyone
other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
email and delete and destroy all copies of the original message.