Joshua Slive wrote:
On 8/17/06, LDB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 8/17/06, LDB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> <Directory /srv/www/readit>
>>          Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
>>          AllowOverride None
>>          Order Allow,Deny
>>          Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> [Thu Aug 17 03:50:51 2006] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Attempt to
>> serve
>> directory: /srv/www/readit/
>

> I've never seen this error message in the wild (although I can see it
> exists in core.c).  I suspect it means that you don't have mod_dir
> included in your server and hence, instead of trying to server a
> DirectoryIndex, apache is trying to serve the directory entry itself.

dir is loaded in my list of modules.

Any other suggestions .. (man I hope so .. ) :)

And you also have mod_autoindex?

Can you strip your configuration back the basics (just the default
config plus this one directory) and see if you can get it to work?

Joshua.

Yes, autoindex is on. I cannot strip it basics due to how much is being
done on the server. :(

LDB