On 8/18/06, Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 18 August 2006 01:05, alan bryan wrote:

> I also got [crit] (70023)This function has not been implemented on
> this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not available.

That means you haven't even got a DBDriver directive.  RTFM!
Either that or the DBDriver failed, which should get you an
earlier error message.

Um, I have been reading as much about this as I could find,
specifically all of the docs
at:http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authn_dbd.html and related
links.
There, I followed the example almost identically except for server
login details.   Oh, and the are NO earlier error messages - here's
the log from start:

[Fri Aug 18 08:34:14 2006] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming
normal operations
[Fri Aug 18 08:34:14 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not
available
[Fri Aug 18 08:34:14 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise
[Fri Aug 18 08:34:14 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not
available
[Fri Aug 18 08:34:14 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise
[Fri Aug 18 08:34:14 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not
available
[Fri Aug 18 08:34:14 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise

> # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so
> /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so:

Erm, no.  pgsql isn't linked to any of the modules.  Run ldd
on libaprutil for that.

--
Nick Kew

Sorry, but at this point I give up.  With responses like "RTFM" and
"of course" I'm just not getting any real help and am doing everything
I can think of as a real end user to solve this problem.  I'm seeing
errors and posting them and my configs and asking for help/ideas.  I'm
not sure what else I'm supposed to do to learn.  No, I'm not the
worlds foremost expert on this stuff and that's why I came here for
help.  I'll leave now so you can be alone as you seem to like it that
way as you explain here:
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/

For those still here, it seems that the pgsql libs aren't being linked
to with the FreeBSD port build for some reason even though the correct
options are being specified in the build commands.  I've asked
questions on the FreeBSD lists and there may be some answers there
eventually for anyone else with similar problems.