I think is probably easy, and I'm just not getting it.

Apache 2.2.2 without SSL running on port 80 and a VirtualHost using SSL on
port 443. I have a directory on the unsecure side, /path/to/directory/. I
need to redirect unsecure requests for that to the secure, that is redirect

http://www.mydoman.com/path/to/directory/

https://www.mydomain.com/path/to/directory/

So, I put the following into httpd.conf:

Redirect /path/to/directory/ https://www.mydomain.com/path/to/directory/

Apache then start okay, but the browser gives an error that the redirect is
incorrect. I think it's taking the redirect command on the unsecure side,
issuing it, and then when the browser requests the https:// URL, the
redirect again has an affect.

There must be a "correct" way to do this, and I'm just not getting it, so
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
[EMAIL PROTECTED]