All -

I know this is somewhat off-topic and I apologize for that, but I'm
not having any luck on the Subversion mailing list so I thought I'd
ask the question from this end and see if someone can give me any
suggestions on where to look and/or possible causes.

I'm trying to commit a large code base merge using Subversion over
HTTP through Apache 2.2.2.  The commit seems to be rolling along
nicely when suddenly it simply fails with a message that it could not
connect to the server.  The Apache error and access logs
(/var/log/httpd/error_log and /var/log/httpd/access_log) give no
indication that it was even aware of the transaction, much less that
it failed.  Smaller commits, on the other hand, work fine.

I've tried - at the suggestion of a member of the Subversion mailing
list - to disable the XML request body checking (LimitXMLRequestBody
0), but that made no difference at all.  Are there any other
directives that might prevent a connection from being severed?  Is
there any way to be sure that it's apache severing the connection?
Can any other process sever an HTTP connection?

I'm running:
FC5
Apache 2.2.2
SELinux is disabled
Subversion 1.3.2
mod_python 3.2.8
(I think those are all of the relevant line items)

Again, I apologize if this is too far off-topic, but I'm desperate.  I
had to at least give it a shot.

Thanks.

--

Rob Wilkerson