John,
Thank you for the suggestion, but it doesn't seem to help.  I've added
a slash to the <Proxy balancer://my_cluster/> line as you suggested,
to no effect: same error message.  I also tried adding a
ProxyPassReverse statement to match the ProxyPass one, also to no
effect: same error message.

Thank you,

Yoav

On 8/22/06, John Madden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [Tue Aug 22 15:04:55 2006] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid
> for the URL /test.html. If you are using a DSO version of mod_proxy,
> make sure the proxy submodules are included in the configuration using
> LoadModule.

Match up the trailing slashes in your config:

> ProxyPass / balancer://my_cluster stickysession=jsessionid nofailover=On
> <Proxy balancer://my_cluster>
>   BalancerMember http://1.2.3.4
>   BalancerMember http://5.6.7.8
> </Proxy>

<Proxy balancer://my_cluster/> should do it.

John

--
John Madden
Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer