On 8/25/06, Evaldas Imbrasas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there a way to do this redirect on a conditional as a rewrite rule
allows, though? I.e., return a 503 if a certain file exists?

> > Is there a way to return a custom document along with a 503 Network
> > Unavailable response code using mod_rewrite rules? The documentation
> > mentions the ability to return 3xx and 4xx, but not 5xx. If 5xx codes
> > are unavailable - is there a specific reason why?
>
> I don't think mod_rewrite can do it.  (I haven't tried it, but the
> code seems to enforce 3xx on the R flag.)  But it is easier with
> mod_alias anyway:
>
> Redirect 503 /

Sure, just make "a certain file" an .htaccess file in the DocumentRoot
containing that directive.  Otherwise, if Andre is right, you can use
all the tricks of mod_rewrite directly.

Joshua.