Hi,

    Some of this may sound basic.. but check and post back if the problem still persists...

1. Does the mysql.sock present.... as you have porivided in my.cnf?
2. Do you have the following Perl Modules:  DBD::MaxDB & Apache::DBI
3. Do you have configured your php with the --with-mysql if you use mysql and --with-pgsql if you have pgsql ect....