Hello Pid,

Pid schrieb:
[...]
>>>between browser and mod_proxy:
>>>
>>>    http://www.company.com/item-01-A1263%7E23334%2Cz831%7E238.asp
>>>
>>>between mod_proxy and back-end server:
>>>
>>>    http://www.company.com/item-01-A1263%7E23334,z831%7E238.asp
>>>
>>>As you can see, mod_proxy is decoding ONLY the comma (%2C), which is
>>>causing our back-end server to return a 404.  Is there a workaround
>>>for this in Apache?  I'm familiar with AllowEncodedSlashes (which we
>>>also have set On), but it seems like there should be an
>>>AllowEncodedCommas.
>>
>>I posted something regarding this issue on 31.08.2006 with the subject
>>"mod_proxy and unwanted decoding of URLs (related to bug 15207)" but I
>>got no feedback. This behaviour breaks a lot of things and it's not
>>only the problem with commas but also with other chars - see my post.
>>
> Search the archives, I seem to remember seeing a discussion about
> something like this fairly recently.

You're right, there were several posts addressing this (or similiar) issues:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200312.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200304.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox//www-modproxy-dev/200406.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200607.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

I now understand why the decoding is done (caching, matching), but I'm
missing either an option to re-encode the URL or to not decode it at
all.

Best regards,
Robert

--
Robert Jäschke                                Tel: +49-(0)561-804-6253
Universität Kassel                   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]