Hello Jeff,

Jeff Ambrosino schrieb:
> We have a mod_proxy (2.0.54) front-end proxying to a back-end MS IIS
> server.  One type of URL that we use is causing problems because
> mod_proxy is decoding an encoded comma in the URL as it proxies the
> request to the back-end (we determined this with a packet sniffer):
>
> between browser and mod_proxy:
>
>     http://www.company.com/item-01-A1263%7E23334%2Cz831%7E238.asp
>
> between mod_proxy and back-end server:
>
>     http://www.company.com/item-01-A1263%7E23334,z831%7E238.asp
>
> As you can see, mod_proxy is decoding ONLY the comma (%2C), which is
> causing our back-end server to return a 404.  Is there a workaround
> for this in Apache?  I'm familiar with AllowEncodedSlashes (which we
> also have set On), but it seems like there should be an
> AllowEncodedCommas.

I posted something regarding this issue on 31.08.2006 with the subject
"mod_proxy and unwanted decoding of URLs (related to bug 15207)" but I
got no feedback. This behaviour breaks a lot of things and it's not
only the problem with commas but also with other chars - see my post.

Best regards,
Robert

--
Robert Jäschke                                Tel: +49-(0)561-804-6253
Universität Kassel                   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]