On Sep 26, 2006, Joshua Slive ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) typed:

Joshua:  On 9/26/06, S.A. Birl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Joshua:  wrote:
Joshua:  >  Hello all:
Joshua:  >
Joshua:  >  I searched the archives and could not find an answer:
Joshua:  >
Joshua:  >  I just upgraded from 2.0.51 to 2.2.3 today and was testing to see if
Joshua:  >  anything might have changed.  And it did:
Joshua:  >
Joshua:  >
Joshua:  >  I have a file called .header.shtml   In said file:
Joshua:  >          <title>Title</title>
Joshua:  >          <meta name="robots"             content="Follow, Index,
NoArchive">
Joshua:  >          <LINK rel="stylesheet"          href="/css.css"
type="text/css"  title="Birl's CSS">
Joshua:  >
Joshua:  >
Joshua:  >  I have 2 files, index.shtml and rght.shtml, which include this file.
Joshua:  >
Joshua:  >  Under 2.0.51 everything worked well.  Now under 2.2.3 the error_log
Joshua:  >  has:
Joshua:  >          [Tue Sep 26 16:34:09 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
malformed header from script. Bad header=<meta name="keywords" \t\tconten:
.headers.shtml
Joshua:  >
Joshua:  >  It seems that Apache doesnt like ANY META tag I throw in there.
Joshua:  >  Why is this?
Joshua:
Joshua:  The "header" that is being referred to in the error log is an HTTP
Joshua:  response header, not an html header.  So what this means is that
Joshua:  somehow the line "<meta name="keywords"" is being written before the
Joshua:  HTTP response headers are written.  You should debug whatever script
Joshua:  is being called to see why this is happening.

Normally I would agree, however there are no scripts being called
either before (or after) in either index.shtml or .headers.shtml

Just 1 include virtual to another file.  The error message is rather
misleading (not to mention cutoff).

When I take out the META tag from .headers.shtml, no error message.

index.shtml
| <html>                                 |
| <head>                                 |
| <!--#include virtual=".headers.shtml"> |

Thanks
 Birl

Please do not CC me responses to my own posts.
I'll read the responses on the list.

Archives   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/