From: Serge Dubrouski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 3:14 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] RE: Apache/Tomcat request hangs
intermittently

On 10/2/06, Durbha Murali - mdurbh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> JKMount options from the ./apache/httpd.conf file -
>
> #
> # Root context mounts for Tomcat
> #
> JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
> JkMount /servlet/* ajp12

You do not have ajp12 connector configured in your workers.properties.
So why do you have it here? What is supposed to process your jsp and
servlets?

------------------------------

#---------------------------------------------------------------------
> [...]
> > worker.ProspectService.port=8009
> > worker.ProspectService.host=xxx
> > worker.ProspectService.cachesize=5
> > # mdurbh, to fix problem with intermittent connection failure
> > worker.ProspectService.socket_keepalive=True
> >

> >  <!-- ==================== Connectors from tomcat's
> > server.xml==================== -->
> >
> >         <!-- Normal HTTP -->
> >         <Connector
> > className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
> >             <Parameter name="handler"
> >
> > value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
> >             <Parameter name="port"
> >                 value="8080"/>
> >         </Connector>
> >
> >         <!--
> >             Uncomment this for SSL support.
> >             You _need_ to set up a server certificate if you want
this
> >             to work, and you need JSSE.
> >             1. Add JSSE jars to CLASSPATH
> >             2. Edit java.home/jre/lib/security/java.security
> >                Add:
> >
> security.provider.2=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
> >             3. Do: keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA
> >                RSA is essential to work with Netscape and IIS.
> >                Use "changeit" as password. ( or add keypass
attribute
> )
> >                You don't need to sign the certificate.
> >
> >             You can set parameter keystore and keypass if you want
> >             to change the default ( user.home/.keystore with
changeit
> )
> >          -->
> >         <!--
> >         <Connector
> > className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
> >             <Parameter name="handler"
> >
> > value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
> >             <Parameter name="port"
> >                 value="8443"/>
> >             <Parameter name="socketFactory"
> >                 value="org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory" />
> >         </Connector>
> >         -->
> >
> >         <!-- Apache AJP12 support. This is also used to shut down
> > tomcat.
> >           -->
> >         <Connector
> > className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
> >             <Parameter name="handler"
> >
> > value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
> >    <!-- Apache AJP12 support. This is also used to shut down tomcat.
> >           -->
> >         <Connector
> > className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
> >             <Parameter name="handler"
> >
> > value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
> >             <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
> >         </Connector>
> >
> >         <!-- Apache AJP13 support.
> >           -->
> >         <Connector
> > className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
> >             <Parameter name="handler"
> >
> > value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>

(104)Connection
> > reset by
> > > peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the network
> > >
> > > [Fri Sep 29 11:07:51 2006] [info] [client 10.x.x.x] (32)Broken
pipe:
> > > core_output_filter: writing data to the network
> > >
> > > [Fri Sep 29 11:08:10 2006] [info] [client 10.x.x.x]
(104)Connection
> > reset by
> > > peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the network
> > >
> > > [Fri Sep 29 11:08:10 2006] [info] [client 10.x.x.x] (32)Broken
pipe:
> > > core_output_filter: writing data to the network
> > >
> > > [Fri Sep 29 11:08:25 2006] [info] [client 10.x.x.x]
(104)Connection
> > reset by
> > > peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the network
> > >
> > > [Fri Sep 29 11:08:25 2006] [info] [client 10.x.x.x] (32)Broken
pipe:
> > > core_output_filter: writing data to the network
> > >
> > > [Fri Sep 29 11:09:18 2006] [info] [client 10.x.x.x]
(104)Connection