Hello,

When I have loaded the mod_autoindex additionally to the mod_dir I'm getting the error "Directory index forbidden by rule: /some/dir" when I request the path /some/dir or /some/dir/ When I do not load autoindex, it works, that means the index.* files will be taken.

The DirectoyIndex rule is specified for the virtualhost telling that index.html and others are valid index files. I had also read somewhere that regarding the order of the load-statements of mod_dir and mod_autoindex it is important to have mod_dir in front of mod_autoindex. This is made sure as well.

The goal is to have both modules working. In folders with no index files one should get a listing (from mod_autoindex) and if there is index files found (specified by the directorIndex rule), one shell get this index file.

What could I have forgotten to have both working?

Thanks for any hints,
Ciao, Frank