I'd have to leave it to a windows expert to judge if the platform is
appropriate for the task. From what I've heard, Windows Server ain't too
bad (it could've been win98...). As regards, the apache version - to my
knowledge, there's no need to use any specific version of apache with
PHP 5.

I'd still come back to the DB - 9 times out of 10 these type of problems
are due to DB issues (dead-locking?)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Boyle Owen wrote:
> >
> > - what's PHP doing? any DB transactions? (notorious resource hog...)
> > - win32 - which, exactly? anything before XP is shaky, esp.
> for heavy
> > PHP/DB...
> > - apache2 is OK on windows, I hear, but 2.2.3 > 2.0.55...
> why such an
> > old version?
> >
> > In summary, my gut feeling is that you have a weakish platform (old
> > apache + unspecified win32) and might by running a
> demanding application
> > (PHP often means DB work). But we'd need a lot more details on your
> > applications and load to make any definate statement...
> >
> --
> at Nabble.com.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and
any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any
hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and
the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.