On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:25:34 +0100
"thomas Armstrong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Using Apache 2, I'm trying to work with Edge Side Includes (ESI) in
> order to Akamai my webpages:
> http://www.akamai.com/html/support/esi.html
>
> Does anybody know any module for Apache to execute this ESI markup
> language?

Yes and no.

I wrote an ESI parser to run under the first experimental version
of mod_xmlns in 2003.  That didn't include ESI caching, basically
because when I looked at the spec, I got too disgusted at the
way they'd broken standard HTTP caching.

But it hasn't been maintained.  Basically, I'm not convinced of
the value of ESI, and switched my own efforts in that field to
mod_publisher.  People ask about ESI on the lists from time to
time, but noone seems serious enough to sponsor me to update it.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/