Nick Kew wrote:
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:50:30 -0500
mickg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Secondly, isn't windows-1251 just MS's bastardisation of Latin-1?
In the lower registers, yes. In the upper ones, no.
Because it is really Cyrillyc-1251.

Oh, erm, right.  Cyrillic.  I must've been confusing it with
windows-1252 or something.

[Mon Nov 06 19:15:07 2006] [info] [client 192.168.17.121]
Content-Type is text/html [Mon Nov 06 19:15:07 2006] [warn] [client
192.168.17.121] No usable charset information: using old HTTP default
LATIN1

OK, so your first post was right.  Just had to check:-)

2 questions:
I think I'd have to play with that hands-on to figure it out
with your attempted configuration.
Was that an offer :) If yes, please say so, and shell account will be
provided. (As the system is a VM, I will just clone it, and give
access to that, so, if you mess it up, no problem).

It might be worth trying
mod_line_edit instead of mod_proxy_html.  You sacrifice the
markup support, but in your case the markup isn't properly
supported anyway, and you probably benefit from the fact that
it is also unaware of charsets.

Hmm. Did not know about that module. Any idea where I can get the .so ?

Or an ubuntu package?

Or how to compile the source, given a development environment?

Thank you in advance,

mickg