I appreciate the help... that answer is 50+% correct... the apache2.conf
file doesn't tell apache2 what port to listen on, at least not directly. It
refers it to another file named ports.conf... in that file it says,
listen=80... change that to 8080 and I'm set...
Thanks, I wouldn't have known that unless you had got me started by pointing
me in the right direction...
                        Most sincerely,
Stephen wrote:
<SNIP>
> 3) Update the IP routing table in the router to map port 8080 to the
> Apache IP
>
> 4) In the Apache .conf file, make sure it listens to port 8080
>
> That should do it
> Stephen
>
> Daniel L. McGrew wrote:
<SNIP>
>> How do I make Apache2 use port 8080 instead of port 80?
<SNIP>