The problem is that your certificate has been signed
by a Certificate Authority which is not trusted by
many browsers.

Your HTTPS instance worked fine on my internet
explorer 7, but did indeed fail on firefox. An
examination of the certificate revealed that your
certificate was issued by StarField Secure
Certification Authority.

Quite honestly, I had never heard of these guys. I
always use thawte or verisign.

--- Mailing Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble with a certificate from
> Godaddy.com. My website is
> https://www.piercebroscoffee.com
>
> On many browsers (Firefox, Epiphany, and even Lynx!)
> I am not able to
> validate the cert.
>
> Here is a clue that I noticed:
> It only fails if that is the first time that you
> need to validate the
> intermediate starfield cert. i.e. if you go to
> https://godaddy.com, then
> hit https://www.piercebroscoffee.com, there is no
> problem!
>
> I did everything that godaddy/starfield said I
> needed to do. I
> downloaded the intermediate certificate and here is
> the entry in my
> ssl.conf file: I am using apache 2, on RedHat 9.
>

> <VirtualHost www.piercebroscoffee.com:443>
>     SuexecUserGroup java java
>     ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     DocumentRoot
> /var/www/www.javahutroasters.com/html
>     ServerName www.piercebroscoffee.com
>     ErrorLog
> logs/www.javahutroasters.com/ssl_error_log
>     TransferLog
> logs/www.javahutroasters.com/ssl_access_log
>     CustomLog
> logs/www.javahutroasters.com/ssl_request_log \
>           "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x
>     SSLEngine on
>     SSLCipherSuite

ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2: