Gotta love it....  This is what I get from ./configure --help | grep status.
This is 1.3.36 remember. ./configure --help makes no mention of
--enable-status or --disable-status.

./configure --help | grep status
[speling=no      status=yes      unique_id=no   ]

If I could just find and download the module I would, but all I can find is
instructions on how to use it.

Thanks