Errors that you posted were from proxy server that couldn't connect to
the backend, so:

1. It would be good to check log files on backend whatever it is.

2.. Also it would be a good idea to install browser ot the proxy
server (or connect computer with browser to that network) and check
direct connection to the backend server using client certificate
configured on the browser.

Everything (your log files and your description of the problem) shows
that the problem is between proxy and backend so try to debug that
part more deeply.