I do not have the permissions to do so and hence was looking for
alternatives.

I greped the source for httpd.2.2.3 but could not find an explicit reference
to the path "/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf" and was wondering how the server
picks up this path since I'm not starting it with ssl support and have my
prefix directories given?

Thanks again.

On 12/29/06, Davide Bianchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Shweta Patel wrote:
> Syntax error on line 117 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:
> SSLCertificateFile: file '/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt' does not
> exist or is empty
>
> Is there a way for me to solve the problem without switching to as root
> user?

Sure, edit the httpd.conf file and remove the "include ssl.conf" bit, or
rename ssl.conf in ssl.conf.old

Davide

--
A distributed system is one in which the failure of a computer you
didn't even know existed can render your own computer unusable.