To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 11:35 PM
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] How to compose an URL so that login is done???

I want to add a link on my application's help menu where the user's
default browser will be opened on a customer page on our website.

The website is hosted on a provider running Apache server and I have
protected the customer pages using the .htpasswd file where user
logins adn password hashes are stored.

Now I would like our application to be able to launch the browser on
this webpage with the user/password already inside the URL passed to
the browser so that the login dialogue does not pop up and the user
gets immediately to the webpage.
This way the application will be "logged on" transparently to the
user.

Is it possible to do this (to compose such an URL text)???
Maybe something like this but some other syntax:
www.mydomain.com/protectedpage.shtml?USER=myuser?PWD=mypwd

And please tell me if I am posting on the wrong NG for such a
question, it seemed the closest I could get to, but might be wrong
anyway...

Bo Berglund