I've set up apache on trustix 2.0 box, version 2.0.59. I replaced the default content with content from a site I had on a now out of commision much older server. The server gives 403 forbidden errors. I set permissions to 777 (for testing)and the owner and group to httpd, just as the server runs as. Nope. I put the content where I eventually wanted it, in the /home/www/sitename directory. Same permissions, etc. Same owner. Nope. Now at one point, and I don't remember when at this point, but I was getting the html pages if typed by name, but no images, etc. Never would load. Now, I'm not getting that anymore either. Someone on another list said I had to have a virtual host directive for the site. I didn't think so, and it hasn't helped either. My servername is set to 192.168.1.54:80 for testing, it gets another IP later. Error log shows "error 13, access to / denied" (not exact syntax) but thats whats in there. Now, if its wanted for me to post my entire httpd.conf here, just say so. Don't want to post it unless its wanted to avoid clutter. But I'm doing something wrong here, and its been a while since I set a apache server up, but don't remember this kind of trouble at all. Also, no SELinux installed either, someone else already asked that.

Thanks,

Matt