Hi All:

I'm doing some tests with Apache 2.2.4 + mod_proxy_balancer where
I have already played with my 2 backend servers in the
following fashion: both up, just one down, getting the down one up
and everything is working just fine.

But now I'm stucked in an issue: I've wrote a little code to accept
HTTP requests but to *NOT* answer the request. So I'd like to, after
a couple of seconds, mod_proxy_balancer assume it is down and
continues it normal behaviour (fetching data from the other worker).
But this 'response timeout' is taking too long, as we can see at
logs:

[Wed Jan 17 16:38:17 2007] [debug] proxy_util.c(2146): proxy: HTTP:
connection complete to 127.0.0.1:9080 (localhost)
[Wed Jan 17 16:43:17 2007] [error] [client 200.142.53.197] proxy: error
reading status line from remote server localhost, referer:
http://AA.BB.CC.DD/

So it is taking *5 minutes* to timeout, which cause browser to be
'waiting for response'.
I've been reading 2.2 mod_proxy docs but I can't figure out how can
I set this timeout, even if this is possible.

Any help ?

Here comes a config snippet:
As I'm making tests, this configuration is done within server config
context.

ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy balancer://webcluster>
        BalancerMember http://server:9080 loadfactor=1
        BalancerMember http://localhost:9080 loadfactor=1
        ProxySet lbmethod=byrequests
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /loadbalancer balancer://webcluster/
ProxyPassReverse /loadbalancer balancer://webcluster/
ProxyHTMLLogVerbose On
LogLevel Debug

Thanks a lot in advance
Lucas Brasilino