On Jan 19, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Val wrote:

After this executing 'make' succeeds, but only a small fraction of the
DSOs I asked for are linked into .so files. More specifically, when I
look in 'apache_1.3.37/src/modules/standard', these modules are missing:

It's been a while since I have looked at Apache 1.3, but it may be that you have to explicitly enable modules AND tell the build system to build them shared. So, if you only ask for a shared build, it won't build the modules that are not in the default set. See ./ configure --help for a list of the defaults.

So, in your case, you'll have to add:

--enable-module=vhost_alias \
--enable-module=mime_magic

etc.

If you don't want to type the entire configure command again, you can edit the config.status file and run that.

S.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://www.temme.net/sander/