From: Krist van Besien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2007 5:26:21 AM
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Query-String Access from SetEnvIf

On 2/3/07, tyju tiui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry, you're missing the point I think.

I don't think I missed your point. You want to trigger custom logging
based on the content of the Query string.

The following will do exactly that:

# Set an environment variable when the query string matches a certain string.
# Modify the string you match against according to your requirements.
# In this example any non empty query string matches.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !^$
RewriteRule  (.*)   $1 [E=dolog:yes]
# Use the env variable set above to trigger logging to a separate file.
CustomLog logs/querylog  combined env=dolog

Since in your original exampel you tried to set an environment
variable based on the presence of a query string I asumed that you
planned to use this environment variable to trigger custom logging,
and hence I thought that you allready figured out that part of the
solution.

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]