 From: pranjal deka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:37 AM
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] mod_jk showstopper problem
>
> hi to all
> We are facing a problem.We want to do load balancing in
> apache2 and jboss4.0.4 in suse linux10.For the load
> balancing we have downloaded mod_jk.so from the apache and
> put it in the apache server.then we configured httpd.conf by
> putting INCLUDE ---/mod_jk.conf.But when we tried to enable
> the connector in the apache it's throwing an error------
>
> "/etc/init.d/apache2/ start RETURNED1 (UNSPECIFIED ERROR)
> starting httpd (prefork) httpd2-prefork : syntax error on
> line .... of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf : sysntax error on line
> ... of /etc/aapche2/mod_jk.conf : cannot load
> /usr/lib/apache2/mod_jk.so into server
> /usr/lib/apache2/mod_jk.so : UNDEFINED SYMBOL :
> APR_SOCK_ADDR_PORT_GET"

You say you have "..downloaded mod_jk.so from the apache.." - Do you
mean you downloaded a binary file? If so, I doubt you got it from
apache.org...

Anyway, the problem is an inconsistent compilation - the module was not
compiled with the same environment as httpd. Best advice would be to
recompile apache with the module.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle