On 07/03/07, Kaplan, Andrew H. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi there --

 I have set up SquirrelMail on our e-mail server and I would like to have
users be automatically redirected to a secure or https page when they type
in the URL to get to the initial login page. The apache server is version
2.2.2. What file(s) should I modify to make this happen?

The simplest way to do this is via:
RedirectPermanent / https://example.com/
in a non-ssl vhost. You can get more complicated by using
RedirectMatch ^/something$ https:// if you wish to redirect only
certain urls, and more complicated yet using mod_rewrite.
See here if you like complication:
http://rewrite.drbacchus.com/rewritewiki/SSL

--
noodl