From: Vincent Bray [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:08 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Automatic Redirect to a Secure Page in Apache
2.2.2

On 07/03/07, Kaplan, Andrew H. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there --
>
>  I have set up SquirrelMail on our e-mail server and I would like to have
> users be automatically redirected to a secure or https page when they type
> in the URL to get to the initial login page. The apache server is version
> 2.2.2. What file(s) should I modify to make this happen?

The simplest way to do this is via:
RedirectPermanent / https://example.com/
in a non-ssl vhost. You can get more complicated by using
RedirectMatch ^/something$ https:// if you wish to redirect only
certain urls, and more complicated yet using mod_rewrite.
See here if you like complication:
http://rewrite.drbacchus.com/rewritewiki/SSL

--
noodl

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983
and properly dispose of this information.