>>> Right now all I want to do is eliminate all white space from my delivered
HTML.
>> mod_line_edit might be a better bet, perhaps with a LERewriteRule to
>> collapse any whitespace of more than one byte to a single space.
>
> I want to make sure I'm not mis-using the term "whitespace".  What I
> mean is I want to eliminate all completely blank lines from my
> delivered HTML.  Would you use mod_line_edit for that?
>
> Also, my system delivers HTML in a dynamic way like this:
>
> <Location />
>        SetHandler perl-script
>        PerlResponseHandler Interchange::Link
>        PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
>        PerlSetVar InterchangeServer /path/to/socket
> </Location>
>
> Should I be able to use something like mod_line_edit in conjunction?

Why not just modify Interchange/Link.pm to not print blank lines? That
would seem to me to be the best solution. I'm not familiar with
Interchange::Link, but I just did a quick google and took a look at
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2f349n

At the end of the "handler" subroutine you'll see to while loops that
print out the content...

Nice.  Yeah, interchange is completely open source, I just don't know
perl.  Matt did mention my not having access to the source code a
couple times and I didn't correct him.  My mistake.

So the content is printed here?

while(  ) {
    push @out, $_;
}