On 5/6/07, Dave Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Guys,

    I have another question.  This one is just to maintain uniformity and is
not a must.  I adjusted the apache server that doesn't contain the user
database (site2) to use the database at site1 by redirecting the login.html
to login.server.com.  This is working just fine when people access the
site2's apache server.  If the people use the site1 apache server, no
redirection is required (obviously), but I would like the url to remain
consistant between the two sites when people access the webpage.  Is there a
way to mask the url on site1's apache server to read as login.server.com
instead of the actual server name.  I already have dns setup and working
correctly (since site2 works fine), I would just like this to be uniform.

Just use a normal name-virtual-vhost configuration to setup
login.server.com as a virtual host on the site2 machine (evidently
sharing all the same configuration as site2). Then do a redirect from
the site2 virtualhost to the login virtual host, just as you did on
site1.

Joshua.