On 5/9/07, Dave Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Thanks for your replies guys.  Yes I have tried both of the methods that
Joshua said and neither of them worked.  I don't get any errors when apache
starts (using 2.0.x) on a Debian Sarge server.  I get an error when I try to
access the adjusted url (in this case for the 2nd website its
http://www.digital-pipe.com/pay should redirect to
https://secure.digital-pipe.com/paybill.html), I get a "404
not found" error in the browser.
    I initially tried to get this to work on another webpage, and then tried
it on another thinking that some of the config file for the original site
might be causing problems.  Here is the relevant config file for the 2nd
site I tried.

To start, don't put the Redirect/RewriteRule directives inside a
<Directory> section. That's just adding complication. (For example,
are you really sure that those requests are hitting that directory?)
If it still doesn't work after you fix that, show us access and error
log info along with the complete <VirtualHost> info.

Joshua.