On 5/10/07, Guillermo Pallarés <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I have set up current Apache 2.2 version for Debian Etch (package
installation) and implemented authentication with the following lines in the
sites-avaliable/default files:

 <Directory ***>
   AllowOverride AuthConfig

AllowOverride only affects .htaccess files. It isn't needed here.

 Autentication seems to be working fine for Internet Explorer clients, and
Firefox under Linux. The problem is with Firefox under windows (I have only
tried Windows xp).
 After the usual authentication window, a second Windows xp window appears (see
bottom of the mail), requiring the user and password again. If data is correct,
then everything works fine, but I guess this is not a desirable situation.

Sounds like this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ.html#prompted-twice

Joshua.