Greetings,

I have an ongoing issue with mod_alias directives failing to work. I
have tested all my configurations and they are not only syntactically
correct but they are completely valid, however if I run 2 or more
VirtualHosts on the same IP all the Redirect and Alias directives stop
working (ReWrites, php and other modular things continue to work).

Example:

NameVirtualHost  my.vhost.ip:80

<VirtualHost my.vhost.ip:80>
   ServerName vhost1.mydomain.com

   DocumentRoot /path/to/docroot

   Alias /news  /other/path/to/news
   Redirect /clients http://my.other.site.com
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost my.vhost.ip:80>
   ServerName vhost2.mydomain.com

   DocumentRoot /path/to/docroot

   Alias /news  /other/path/to/news
   Redirect /clients http://my.other.site.com
</VirtualHost>

NameVirtualHost my.other.vhost.ip:80

<VirtualHost my.other.vhost.ip:80>
   ServerName vhost3.mydomain.com

   DocumentRoot /path/to/docroot

   Alias /news  /other/path/to/news
   Redirect /clients http://my.other.site.com
</VirtualHost>

with this configuration the alias and redirect directives on vhost1 and
vhost2 both 404 while vhost3 works perfectly.

Apache Version: 2.0.54
OS: Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (Sarge)

I am at a loss to explain why perfectly valid configurations (i.e. ones
that work if they are on an IP of their own) suddenly stop working when
another vhost is added, if anyone has an idea on what could be causing
this I would be grateful for the pointers. I have looked into this using
the access and error logs for all the affected and working vhosts,
mod_info, mod_status and have come up with a blank.

Thanks in advance.

--

Nikolai Lusan
Systems Administrator

Hitwise Pty. Ltd.
Level 7 / 580 St Kilda Road
Melbourne, Victoria 3004
Australia
Phone: +61 3 8530 2400
Fax:  +61 3 9529 8907
www.hitwise.com.au
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Worldwide:  •  United States  •  United Kingdom  •  Australia  •  New
Zealand  •  Singapore  •  Hong Kong

To subscribe to our complimentary monthly newsletter, visit:
http://www.hitwise.com.au/

The information transmitted may be confidential, is intended only for
the person to which it is addressed, and may not be reviewed,
retransmitted, disseminated or relied upon by any other persons. If you
received this message in error, please contact the sender and destroy
any paper or electronic copies of this message. Any views expressed in
this email communication are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states otherwise. Hitwise does not
represent, warrant or guarantee that the communication is free of
errors, virus or interference.