I'm running Apache 2.2.2 with authz-owner enabled.  I'm trying to
setup private directories where users have to supply a username and
password.  Then only a file's owner can access pages under this
directory.  If I put an index.html page inside the private directory
it works.  I can't get a directory listing though.  It keeps prompting
me to reenter my username and password.  A directory listing works
under ~username/, but not ~username/private/

UserDir public_html_ssl
<Directory /home/*/public_html_ssl>
 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
 AllowOverride All
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
 IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* SuppressDescription ShowForbidden
</Directory>
<Directory /home/*/public_html_ssl/private>
 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
 AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes Limit Options
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
 IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* SuppressDescription ShowForbidden
 AuthName Private
 AuthType Basic
 AuthUserFile /usr/local/shadow
 Require file-owner